Basic Marinara Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (about 10 leaves fresh)
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly saute garlic in olive oil. Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt
and pepper and return to heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes enough sauce for one pound of pasta.
Substitute 1 small chopped onion for garlic.
Substitute oregano for basil or use both.
Add 1/4 cup dry white wine.
Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seed.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.