Blender Spaghetti Sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped vine-ripened fresh tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves (fresh basil can be substituted to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (fresh oregano can be substituted to taste)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Cooked tortellini or spaghetti noodles
- Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat. Coat generously with nonstick
- Add the chopped onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly
browned (about 5 minutes). Set pan aside.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, tomato paste, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt
and pepper to the blender. Process just until blended (there should still be small
lumps from the tomatoes).
- Pour the tomato mixture into the saucepan with the cooked
onions and cook over low-heat, uncovered, to blend the flavors, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked tortellini or spaghetti noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.