- 28 ounces Contadina® Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 ounces dry spaghetti
- 16 ounces
Italian sausage (casings removed) or ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons
basil dried and crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried and crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook meat, onion, celery and carrot in large saucepan about 5 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, basil, thyme and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- Garnish with carrot and basil, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 45 min | Total Time: 55 min | Makes 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
©Del Monte Corporation.