- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups white wine
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, pureed with the juice
- 1/2 cup
chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- 4 pounds small calamari, cleaned and sliced crosswise into rings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a heavy skillet sauté onions in olive oil until golden.
- Add garlic and wine
and boil for 3 minutes to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add tomato puree, parsley,
oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add calamari; cover and cook over medium heat for about
45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over freshly cooked pasta.