- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups white wine
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, pureed with the juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pounds small calamari, cleaned and sliced crosswise into rings
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a heavy skillet saute onions in olive oil until golden.
- Add garlic and wine and boil for 3 minutes to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add tomato puree, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add calamari; cover and cook over medium heat for about
45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over freshly cooked pasta.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.