Creamy Marinated Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- Drain marinade from jar of artichoke hearts into a frying pan. Add olive oil
and butter and heat until the butter melts.
- Put onion slices in the pan and saute for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces. Then add the pieces to
the pan with the onions, and saute for a few more minutes, until the onion gets
- Add basil, and saute about a minute or two to blend flavors.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and the sour cream and gently heat through. Do not boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over cooked pasta, and top with grated Parmesan.
Makes 3 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.