Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 cup dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 2/3 cup warm olive oil
- Place tomatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce
heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add tomatoes, and
pulse 2 or 3 times or until tomatoes are chopped. Add Parmesan cheese and next four
ingredients. Top with cover, and process until smooth.
- With processor running, pour
warm olive oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until combined.
- Use pesto immediately, or place in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to
- Serve over hot pasta.
Yield: 2 cups
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.