Dried Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) jar oil-packed dried tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain dried tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup oil. Chop tomatoes; set aside.
- Heat reserved oil in a Dutch oven; saute onion, celery, carrot and garlic in
hot oil for15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dried and canned tomatoes, wine, fennel seeds, and pepper; cook, uncovered,
over medium heat 1 hour or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add half of sauce mixture. Pulse
4 or 5 times or until mixture is chopped but not smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining
half of sauce mixture.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Yields 6 cups.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.