This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fresh Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or 8 plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped with juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- Fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Saute until
onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, reserving 2 tablespoons. Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes until
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of cream at the last minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Serve over fusilli or linguine pasta.