Fresh Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or 8 plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped with juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- Fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Saute until
onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, reserving 2 tablespoons. Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes until
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of cream at the last minute.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Serve over fusilli or linguine pasta.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.