Gordon's Spaghetti Sauce
This is a special sauce a friend made that has a wonderful flavor.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound HOT Italian sausage
- 1 (#10) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1 (3 pound) bottle Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown beef and sausage together; drain well.
- In another skillet brown onion and garlic together; drain well.
- Put meat, onions and garlic into a large pot. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer
at least 1/2 hour in a covered pot. It is best if you can simmer about 2-3 hours
or even longer. Stir often so it does not burn.
I add some sugar to take out the strong tomato bite.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Lorraine Mays in California.