Gordon's Spaghetti Sauce
This is a special sauce a friend made that has a wonderful flavor.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound HOT Italian sausage
- 1 (#10) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 pound) bottle Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown beef and sausage together; drain well.
- In another skillet brown onion and garlic together; drain well.
- Put meat, onions and garlic into a large pot. Add tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer
at least 1/2 hour in a covered pot. It is best if you can simmer about 2-3 hours
or even longer. Stir often so it does not burn.
I add some sugar to take out the strong tomato bite.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Lorraine Mays in California.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.