Italian Red Sauce
- 5 pounds pork or beef neck bones
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 pounds or 5 large
- 1 small whole bunch celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
(8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water
- 3 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 5 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle Kitchen
- In large pot brown neck bones in olive oil.
- Add onions, celery and garlic.
tomatoes with hands and add to the bones.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 5
to 6 hours. Remove bones.
- Serve over spaghetti or use as a sauce in any Italian
dish such as pizza or lasagna.
Yields 12 pints.
May be prepared ahead. Freezes well.