Italian Red Sauce
- 5 pounds pork or beef neck bones
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 pounds or 5 large onions, chopped
- 1 small whole bunch celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 whole garlic bulb, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water
- 3 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 5 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle Kitchen Bouquet
- In large pot brown neck bones in olive oil.
- Add onions, celery and garlic.
- Mash tomatoes with hands and add to the bones.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 5
to 6 hours. Remove bones.
- Serve over spaghetti or use as a sauce in any Italian
dish such as pizza or lasagna.
Yields 12 pints.
May be prepared ahead. Freezes well.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.