Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes,
undrained and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole
- 8 cups hot cooked spaghetti
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Add water and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer
- Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer
45 minutes to 1 hour or to desired thickness, stirring often.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Yields 8 servings.