Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 8 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add water and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer
- Add tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer
45 minutes to 1 hour or to desired thickness, stirring often.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Yields 8 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.