Neapolitan Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds finely ground beef
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 12 stuffed green olives, sliced
- Brown onions, green bell pepper and garlic. Add meat and brown slowly.
- Heat tomato juice, puree, tomato paste and add 1 can drained mushrooms, if desired.
- Add meat mixture, jalapenos, salt, pepper, sugar and 1 bay leaf. Simmer
for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until thickened.
- Remove bay leaf. Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with spaghetti, and top with Parmesan cheese.
This makes sauce for 1 pound of spaghetti.
It tastes even better if made the day before and allowed to stand.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.