- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, diced or crushed
- 5 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 5 (8 ounce) tomato sauce cans water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Cover bottom of large pot with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute until
clear, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, basil, oregano and sugar.
- Season with garlic powder and salt to taste. Simmer over low heat for
3 hours, stirring occasionally so gravy does not burn.
- Serve over boiled pasta, baked chicken or grilled chicken breasts.
Yields 10 to 12 servings.
Gravy may be frozen for up to 1 month.