- 2 large sweet red or yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or almonds
- 2 small cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Place whole peppers on their sides on a baking sheet. Bake at 500 degrees F for
20 minutes or until skin is blacked and charred.
- Transfer peppers immediately to a paper bag; seal.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until peppers cool to touch.
- Peel and seed peppers, discarding seeds and charred skin.
- Position knife blade
in food processor bowl. Add peppers, cheese, pine nuts or almonds, garlic, salt
and white pepper. Cover processor bowl with top. Process until mixture is smooth.
- With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream until
- Add chicken broth, and pour into a saucepan. Heat thoroughly.
Yields 2 cups.