- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly
grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (pignoli)
- 2 cloves garlic,
peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in and electric blender and process until smooth, stopping
the blender once or twice to scrape down the sides of the jar.
- When serving with
pasta, "loosen" the sauce with a little bit of the boiling water from
the pasta pot.
Makes about 2 cups, or enough for about 6 servings of pasta.