Pink Vodka Sauce
The key to making this sauce great is the cooking of the garlic.
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan large enough to accept all the
- Add garlic. Cook until it is golden brown.
- Add hot pepper flakes and
sauté with the garlic. Cook until garlic turns DARK brown in color.
- Add onion and
cook three minutes.
- Add vodka and reduce liquid by half.
- Add tomatoes and cream.
Reduce until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper judiciously.
This sauce is best served with penne-shaped pasta and a lot of of Parmagiana
or Romano cheese.