Use this with Holiday
Green Beans and Pistachio Pesto or on any pasta.
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, unsalted pistachio kernels (6.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed (or olive) oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, chop the pistachios.
- Add the oil, basil, garlic and pulse until mixture is somewhat smooth but slightly
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and transfer to covered container.
Yield: 2 cups or 32 tablespoons
Nutrition Analysis for 1 tablespoon Pistachio Pesto Calories 70, Calories
from Fat 60, Total Fat 7 g, Sat Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium
90 mg, Total Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 0%,
Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
by Cheryl Forberg
Recipe and photo credit:
American Pistachio Growers.