Sam's Red Pasta Sauce
Use this sauce for eggplant parmesan, fried zucchini, fried eggplant or to top
your favorite pasta dish.
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large can (32 to 48 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sweet
basil, or 4 leaves fresh
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 pound pasta
- In a large fry pan, brown onion in about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Blend tomatoes
in a blender for several seconds and add to skillet with rest of ingredients.
about 1 teaspoon olive oil and simmer 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and top with sauce
and parmesan cheese.
Serves 3 to 4.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Recipe by Sam Vento