Savory Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 to 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 3 medium onions, minced or grated
- 10 cup tomato juice
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, cut up, but no drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown meat over low heat and drain excess fat.
- Add garlic, olive oil, carrots,
onion and 3 tablespoons of water to beef. Saute over low heat for 30 minutes, covered
(checking to ensure there is enough liquid so the mixture doesn't burn).
- In a large pan, combine sauteed vegetables and beef with all remaining ingredients
and simmer for 6 hours at the lowest heat setting.
- When partially cooled, store sauce in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
Extra sauce may be frozen at this point.
- When you are ready to use the sauce, heat it slowly while you boil the spaghetti.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Sauce Recipes