Spaghetti Sauce with Cinnamon
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (1 ounce)
package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can canned mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons
dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- In a large skillet, brown the meat with the garlic over medium heat. Stir in
the wine; simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Mix in dry onion soup mix, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper, cinnamon, allspice,
parsley, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Cover pan almost completely,
allowing space for steam to escape, and simmer 1 hour. Add additional water if needed
to prevent sticking.
From the kitchen of Martin James - Copenhagen, Denmark.