- 3 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 (12 ounce)
cans Contadina tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Contadina crushed tomatoes
(28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 8 tomato paste cans filled with water
- 6 chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil (fresh if available)
- 1 or 2
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Cook ground sirloin and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until meat loses
- Turn off heat. Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly. Add crushed tomatoes and
tomato puree and mix thoroughly. Turn on heat. Add water and chicken bouillon cubes
and stir until dissolved. Add basil, salt and parsley.
- Cook over a lower heat than medium until it boils, then on low for 2 hours. Stir
occasionally. It can burn easily.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Gary B., San Francisco, California.
This recipe is from the mother of my sister-in-law, Donna Beck, Clara Jacobs.