Uncle Bill's Clam Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 4 large plum tomatoes, peeled, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, then seeded (seeding is optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, include liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can clam nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- In a large frying pan or skillet, add olive oil, butter or margarine, garlic
and onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley and tomatoes and simmer
for 10 minutes.
- Add clams, clam nectar and lemon juice and reheat; simmer for 2
to 3 minutes; DO NOT OVERCOOK CLAMS.
- Serve hot over hot pasta of your choice. Excellent served with fresh spinach
Makes about 4 cups sauce.
Posted by "Uncle Bill" Anatooskin at Recipe Goldmine 9/25/2001 6:27