Veggie Garden Marinara Sauce
Serve this delightful fresh sauce over any pasta desired.
- 2 - 3 pounds fresh ripe, red tomatoes (Roma'sor any other
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
bunch Italian parsley, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 30 basil leaves,
- Fill a large, deep pot full of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the tomatoes in and cook them until the outer layers of skin/peel
begins to crack.
- In the meantime, in a large fry pan, sauté the garlic, onion, celery and
carrots in the olive oil for only a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water as soon as the cracks appear.
Allow to cool.
- When cool, remove the peel/skin with your hands and remove the green stem
- In the fry pan with the sautéed ingredients, squeeze the tomatoes through
your fingers into the fry pan.
- Add salt.
- Cook the sauce mixture for about 20 minutes or until the desired level of
- Add chopped basil and parsley.
- Taste, and add more salt, if needed.