This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Basic Dog Treats
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Options: 1/3 cup finely grated cheese, 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Then mix the wet ingredients together. Blend
both mixtures until a firm dough is achieved. Shape dough into an oblong roll, wrap
in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease sheet pan.
- Slice roll into 1/4-inch slices, place on sheet pan and bake for about 1 hour
or until treats are done, checking after 45 minutes, and then every 5 minutes thereafter.
- Let them cool before giving to your best friend.