- 2 cups melted peanut butter, bacon grease, meat grease or other fat
- 2 cups
cornmeal or stale dry cereal blended into crumbs
- Warm water
- 2 to 3 cups wild
- Raisins, nutmeats or chopped peanuts
- Slowly melt peanut butter, grease or fat over low heat.
- Add cornmeal or stale
- Slowly add enough warm water to make a stiff dough, then add birdseed
and raisins, nut meats or chopped peanuts.
- Pack mixture into small foil pans or
a large flat pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into pieces for tying onto tree
Source: Bird Watcher's Digest.