This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Carrot and Apple Horse Cookies
- 1 cup sweet feed
- 2 cup bran
- 1 cup flax seed
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- Mix molasses, brown sugar, carrots and applesauce in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Slowly combine the molasses mixture
with the dry ingredients. Add only enough molasses mixture to form a thick dough,
add more bran if necessary.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto cookie
sheet and flatten slightly to form portions about the size of a silver dollar.
at 300 degrees F for about 1 hour.
- Flip and bake for an additional 45 minutes until
they are dried out. Keep checking to make sure they don't burn.