This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cheddar Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 to 5 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make a cardboard pattern of a 4-inch long dog bone or use a dog-bone cookie cutter.
- Combine flour, cheese and vegetable oil in container of food processor. Cover,
whirl until mixture is consistency of coarse meal. With machine running, slowly
add water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll out
each piece to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out bones. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet.
Do not re-roll scraps.
- Bake in preheated hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until
bottom of cookies are lightly browned.
- Carefully transfer bones to wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate in airtight