Cheesy Constellation Crackers
These delicious cheddar and garlic dog treats are from the Prince William County
- 6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 sticks Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Milk as needed
- Combine cheese and butter in bowl; let stand until at room temperature and softened.
- Add flour and garlic and cream together with mixer or fork until well combined.
- Add small amount of milk if mixture is too dry to form ball.
- Press dough into flat disk, wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle work surface with additional flour and roll dough out into even layer.
Cut into star and moon shapes and arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Let cool and store
in airtight container.
Makes about 2 dozen treats.
Recipe courtesy of Prince William County SPCA.
Recipe and photo credit: Cabot Creamery Cooperative - cabotcheese.coop.