Chicken-Beef Crunchers (for doggies)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour or
1/2 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups bulgur
cup nonfat dried milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 package yeast in 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dissolved yeast and stock. Mix together.
Knead for about three minutes into a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough into 1/4-thick
sheets. Cut with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes; turn
oven off and leave biscuits to cool overnight.
Makes approximately 30 cookies.