Chicken Crunchies (for kitties)
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried kelp or alfalfa
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six dry ingredients. Slowly add oil, broth
and chicken, and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness
of 1/8 inch, then place it on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Cool, then break into bite-size pieces. Place pieces in a bag with the brewer's
yeast and shake to coat them.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen pieces.