Dog Biscuits Deluxe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bone meal
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons
corn oil or soy oil
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup
sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 large egg mixed with
1/4 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in a 2-quart bowl.
- Add oil and molasses plus all but
1 tablespoon of the egg-milk mixture. Knead a few minutes to make a firm dough,
adding more milk if needed.
- Let dough rest 1/2 hour or more.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch. Brush with remaining egg-milk mixture and cut into biscuit-size
pieces with a pastry wheel, knife, or bone biscuit cutter.
- Bake on cookie sheets
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly toasted.
To make harder biscuits, turn off the heat after baking and leave in the oven
for an hour or more.