Dog Biscuits Deluxe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bone meal
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons
corn oil or soy oil
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup
sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 large egg mixed with
1/4 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in a 2-quart bowl.
- Add oil and molasses plus all but
1 tablespoon of the egg-milk mixture. Knead a few minutes to make a firm dough,
adding more milk if needed.
- Let dough rest 1/2 hour or more.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch. Brush with remaining egg-milk mixture and cut into biscuit-size
pieces with a pastry wheel, knife, or bone biscuit cutter.
- Bake on cookie sheets
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly toasted.
To make harder biscuits, turn off the heat after baking and leave in the oven
for an hour or more.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.