Food for Baby Birds
This is to be used for baby birds that fall from the nest.
- 1 can Ken-L Ration dog food
- 1 hardboiled egg, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Hi-Protein baby cereal
- Mix well. Form into rather large pellets (the size of a raisin).
- Offer to birds every half hour, feeding as much as they will take each
time. Mixture may be refrigerated.
- Offer water from medicine dropper, but very little is needed and should be given
carefully to avoid aspiration into lungs causing pneumonia. It is next to impossible to overfeed.
It is illegal in most states to cage most wild baby birds, but this food
may save them until they can be released.