Pet Food Recipes
Good Doggy Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye or buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons bacon drippings or margarine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 cup pureed vegetables
or 2 to 3 tablespoons dried soup greens
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in drippings or margarine until mixture resembles
- Mix in egg, vegetables and add enough water to make mixture form a ball.
- With fingers, on a lightly floured board, pat dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with
cutter and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Yield: 12 biscuits