Gourmet Bird Food Balls
- 2 pounds ground suet
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 pound regular oatmeal
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Bird feed with sunflower seeds
- Have the butcher grind the suet.
- Place suet in a pan and melt over medium heat.
- Strain into a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter, molasses, bacon grease, oatmeal and corn meal.
- Add enough seeds until mixture can be rolled into balls.
- Roll into two-inch balls and coat with bird feed while warm.
- Place outside for the birds.
- If using as a gift, wrap individual balls in plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon.
- Attach a label indicating it is for the birds.
Yield: 24 two-inch balls