Hi-Pro Bird Goodies
- 4 cups suet
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sunflower
- 1/4 cup dried fruit: raisins, currants or dates
- 1/4 cup peanuts or peanut
- Melt the suet or solid fat in a large, heavy saucepan until it is liquid. Remove
from heat and allow it to cool until slightly thickened.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, then pour the cooled suet over the
mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- While the mixture is warm and pliable, you can spread it onto tree trunks or
tree limbs for easy feeding. You can pack it into the spaces in pine cones and hang
the pine cones on a tree. Or you can spread it in a 1-inch deep baking pan and refrigerate
- When the suet is hardened, cut it into squares to fit your feeder.