Original Vanilla Bones (for dogs)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the flours and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Mix the broth, margarine and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Stir the broth
mixture into the flour mixture and knead briefly.
- Turn out onto a floured board
and roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a bone shaped cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Makes about 2 dozen.
Source: Stacie Caplan & Adrienne Savino owner's of New York City's