Pavlov's Beagle Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons
- Cold water
- 1 cup carob chips
- Combine flours and baking soda in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Add egg, oil,
peanut butter and vanilla extract, and stir with a wooden spoon until lumpy.
- Add carob chips.
- Slowly add cold water 1 teaspoon at a time until a stiff dough forms. Do not over-mix.
- Form dough into 2-inch diameter logs.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets
and flatten logs to 1 inch high and about 6 to 7 inches long.
- Bake at 325 degrees
F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch slices.
- Return slices to cookie
sheet and bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool and store
in airtight tins or plastic bags.
Source: Pavlov's Bark Market - Hudson, Ohio