Poochie Pleasin' Pretzels
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey and enough flour to
make a soft dough and knead for 6 to 8 minutes until smooth.
- Pinch off about 2 tablespoons of dough for each pretzel.
- Roll out dough using
the palm of your hand into long, pencil-like shapes, about 12 inches long and 1/2-inch
- Shape into pretzel twists and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a sealed container.
Source: Three Dog Bakery Cookbook