Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour*
* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend eggs and pumpkin together; add salt, dry milk, and flour.
- Add water as needed to make the dough somewhat workable.
- The dough should be dry and stiff, don't be concerned with crumbs being left in the bowl.
- You will need to mix this with your hands because it is too stiff for an electric mixer.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into shapes. If desired, make a design with fork tines down the centers of the biscuits. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 40 min
Yield: up to 75 small (1-inch) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits