Salivatin' Cinnamon Apple Nips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cored and diced apple
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets with nonstick vegetable
- Stir together the flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil and honey until well blended.
- Add the
eggs, one at a time, stirring to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture
and stir to form a smooth dough. Fold in the apples.
- Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonful, 1 1/2 inches apart, on the baking
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or wrap well and freeze for up
to 2 months.
- Thaw before serving.
Makes 30 cookies.
Source: It's Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way: by Mark Beckloff and Dan Dye