Suet Cups and Cones
Suet is beef fat. Suet mixtures are available at bird supply stores, or you can
get plain suet from a butcher. The instructions for Suet Cups and Cones are from
the Denver Audubon Society.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Large pine cones
- Suet mixture
- Red yarn, heavy string or wire
- Pipe cleaners
- For suet cups, hollow out orange halves. Fill the empty halves with the suet
- Poke a hole on each side of the orange half near the top. Work one end
of the pipe cleaner through each hole, bending the ends to make handles with which
to hang the cup.
- For suet cones, cover the pine cones with your choice of suet mixture or plain
- Work the suet mixture into the scales of the pine cones.
- Hang the cones with
yarn, string or wire.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pet Food Recipes