Suet Muffins (for birds)
- 2 cups warm rendered suet*
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can dog food or 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Pour into a cupcake pan, then chill.
- Hang muffins in bird feed bag or fasten with a string to a tree.
* Render 2 pounds of raw suet by chopping in a meat grinder. Place in pot with
1/2 inch of water; cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven. Stir occasionally.
Set lid ajar after fat begins to run. Count on 2 to 3 hours cooking time; strain
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pet Food Recipes