Sweet Potato Pie Dog Biscuits
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups
whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive
- Add sweet potato and oats to a food processor bowl. Pulse several times to break
up the oats.
- Add 1 1/2 cups flour, ginger, egg and olive oil. Mix until combined.
If the dough seems too soft, add remaining flour.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to
cut biscuits, or just cut them with a round cookie cutter.
- Place on a cookie sheet
lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes for small dog bones or 20 – 22 minutes for
large ones. Bones should be dry to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 dozen | Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-22 minutes | Total Time: