Tail Wagging Dog Biscuits
- 4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup bone meal powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Position oven racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Have
two cookie sheets ready.
- Mix flours, corn meal, oatmeal, bone meal powder, garlic powder, and salt in
a large bowl.
- Whisk beef broth, oil and the 2 eggs in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir broth mixture into flour mixture with a wooden spoon until blended and a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
Cut in dog bone biscuit shapes.
- Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Re-roll and cut scraps.
- With a toothpick prick a line of dots down centers, if desired.
Brush tops and sides of biscuits with the glaze.
- Bake 2 cookie sheets at a time for 2 hours.
- Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in 1 to 2 hours to dry and harden.
- Store, covered, at room temperature, for up to 3 months.
This makes 80 (4-inch) biscuits or 112 (2 1/2-inch) biscuits.