Pet Food Recipes
Veggie Dog Bones
- 3 cups minced parsley
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
or parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup water (more
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F with rack at the middle level. Lightly grease a large
- Stir together parsley, carrots, cheese, and oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add to veggies.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of
water, mixing well. Make a moist but not wet dough. If needed, add a little more
water. Knead for one minute.
- Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Using cookie
cutter or a glass, cut out shapes and transfer them to the baking sheet. Gather
the scraps and re-roll and cut.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until biscuits have browned
and hardened slightly. (They will harden more as they cool.)
- Place on a wire rack
- Store in airtight container.