Lemon-Layer Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (from 15 ounce package)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon
butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one-crust filled pie using
9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan, combine 2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch; mix well. Gradually
add cold water, stirring constantly until blended.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks
slightly; stir into sugar mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes
or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel; blend well.
- In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
egg; blend well.
- Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture in prepared crust.
lemon mixture over cream cheese mixture; spread carefully to cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (Center
will not be set.)
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until completely chilled.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Serving Size 1/8 of Recipe; Calories 420;
Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value Total Fat 26 g 40 %; Saturated 14 g 70 %; Cholesterol 145 mg
48 %; Sodium 250 mg 10 %; Total Carbohydrate 41 g 14 %; Dietary Fiber 0 g 0 %; Sugars
26 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin A 15 %; Vitamin C 2 %; Calcium 4 %; Iron 4 %
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 5 Fat OR 3 Carbohydrate, 5 Fat
Reprinted with permission from