Luscious Lemon Cheese Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (for frozen, use deep-dish style)
- 8 ounces regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Lemon rind, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cheese layer - Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and blend well. Spread evenly in pie shell.
- Lemon layer - Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cheese layer.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Garnish with lemon rind, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Tip: To prevent spillage, place pie on oven rack before adding lemon
layer. Pour lemon filling into pie and bake as directed.