Pistachio Banana Cream Cheese Pie
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, cream together the granulated
sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until smooth.
in 3/4 cup of the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar
until fluffy. Spread evenly over the top.
- Drizzle with the melted
chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.