Rhubarb Cream Cheese Pie
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (10-inch) prepared Graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and flour in nonstick skillet. Cook over medium
heat until sugar melts.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup sugar until
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Pour over rhubarb layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Combine remaining sour cream, sugar and vanilla then spread over hot pie.
- Set on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate before serving.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin