Strawberry Fudge Pie
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened
as directed on box
- 1 (10.25-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons
hot fudge ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed
on package for one-crust filled pie.
- In large bowl, combine all brownie layer ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon.
Spread in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiny and center is
set. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes
of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg; beat
- Working quickly, drop cream cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over
partially baked brownies; carefully spread to cover brownie layer.
- Bake an additional
18 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese is set. Cool at least 1 hour.
- Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over top of cream cheese layer.
1 hour or until serving time. Immediately before serving, place ice cream topping
in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on DEFROST for 45 seconds. Spoon into small
resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag; squeeze
bag to drizzle topping over pie.
- Store in refrigerator.
- For brownie layer, see package for directions.
- Before baking, cover edge of crust
with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake as directed above.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 3 Hr 20 Min
Makes: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit: